Wednesday 13 May 2015

Me Made May - part two

I've been wearing something that I have made each day throughout May, as part of Me-Made-May this is a what I've been wearing so far. 


Day 5 is the boatneck top from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual, a very quick make and easy to wear everyday top, I always get lovely comments when I wear it. 
Day 6 is my live-in-it denim A-line denim skirt and a Liberty print infinity scarf.


Day 7 is an A-line corduroy skirt with a Liberty print trim and a teal silk neck tie
Day 8 another boatneck top, which is the first make as part of this challenge. Worn with a swing skirt I made many years ago with a faux moleskin, this is such a versatile skirt and it's wearing really well.


Focusing on the details - an interesting trim can make all the difference and stamp your personality onto your wardrobe.

Day 9 a collar I made which is very sweet, but shifts about a lot, especially if you put a coat on, adds a nice accent to an outfit though
Day 10 Liberty bias trim on a Zoe top, a free pattern from Tesutti 
Day 11 Inside facing on the hem of the A-line denim skirt
Day 12 I printed duckegg hexadots on a lovely raspberry cotton and made an infinity scarf, love these colours together

This challenge is proving to be fun and inspiring, take a look at the flickr group, there are many women taking part and some incredible outfits. I just need to work out how to squeeze in some more sewing time to build upon this handmade wardrobe!





3 comments:

  1. What a great project. The clothes you've made look great and really suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous details and you really rock the finished outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.