Wednesday 13 June 2012

quilts and friends

Remember a while ago I showed you this mini quilt? It is now hanging up in the LMQG exhibition in the Brasserie (third floor) of John Lewis, Oxford Street. 


Don't they look great! I love that they are all so different and represent so many aspects of modern quilting.


I took the girls along to see them (and feel very proud and excited) and finally met up with my bloggy friend Flaming Nora, with the intention of having a proper grown up and civilised chat about sewing and crafty stuff. However four over excited children kept us on toes and I came away feeling like I hadly spoke to her, which always seems to be the way with little ones around.



It was great to put a person to the blog and Jane is exactly as I imagined, larger than life, funny and juggling more crazy projects than you can imagine. Generous too, she brought me this great notebook (gotta love a stamp) and a bag of scraps - you can never have too many... hooray! 


We all had a great day and Missy Big took a shine to the Ginger Ninja, I'm quite sure I saw her pinch his bum before we left... 

11 comments:

  1. A quilty gallery visit and a bloggy friend meeting, sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, they look so fab!!! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look fabulous, sounds like a lively fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to Sunday to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they look brilliant! How exciting to have something you made hanging in the Best Shop Ever and all those people admiring it! I spotted yours right away, it's gorgeous. Such a different and diverse collection of wall hangings, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea, chat and bum pinching, what more could we all need in a wet and rainy half term? Good times xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how brilliant! You must feel proud as punch :)
    Oh yes, know those meet ups well..
    kids and leisurely chats over coffee....ha! Nice try! :)
    Gorgeous book, what a treat. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love John Lewis and I love that modern quilting is so cool. I have just found your blog and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went on Tuesday to have a butchers, they look very very cool ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh congratulations on your quilt, it's lovely! I would have loved to come along as well to meet you both!
    What a wonderful exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I'm visiting from Nora's and so happy to have discovered your lovely blog. Congratulations on your beautiful quilt! How fabulous, and I can just imagine what a fun day it must have been with the kids bouncing all over the place ;) Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.