Wednesday 25 January 2012

red, red, red

My first quilted item is finished, and I'm rather chuffed with the end result. 


This was my test piece, trying out my shiny new Christmas present rotary cutter, testing different ways of piecing and using different threads for hand quilting. I've learned a lot, unpicked a fair bit and stopped frequently - just for a squidge.


I only used fabrics from my stash and an invisible zip I already had (black, sadly - but you can hardly see it) and I am one happy lady.


Now I'm planning an actual quilt, lap sized I think, as I'm still a beginner. 


Lots of wonderful quilts can be found over at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. I'm off to be inspired...

9 comments:

  1. Colette, congrats on finishing your first quilted project! You should be proud of yourself. I love the bright reds and pinks you chose. Lovely! I can't wait to see the quilt you stitch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty pillow. I really like the colours you chose for that. Good luck with the first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's so pretty! You're clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's brilliant! such great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love those colours. Just the thing to cheer a dull winters day.
    There is a lap quilt that I started about ***** years ago still languishing in a cupboard in my work room. All it needs to finish it is a backing! Perhaps all of this quilting activity will encourage me to finish it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya I have given you an award, come over to my place to see all about it. Its called the Liebster award

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely are they?!I have the perfect couch to compliment them perfectly (just so you know!)Love your photos of china town too...what cracking colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job! I love the bright and cheerful fabrics you chose and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.