Thursday 29 July 2010

yum...

At the weekend we managed to harvest a whole box full of veg from the allotment, we were very excited. An enormous courgette, potatoes, hilarious shaped carrots, some chard, a few runner beans and some lettuce from a neighbour. The carrots were the clear winners, not like any I've ever seen in the shops but boy they are tasty, and crunchy - utterly delicious.



Last year we bought 2 plum trees for the garden, this year one of them gave us 9 plums, 3 fell off and the bugs got them but we ate the others today, tasty, juicy - prefect.


Having tasted these delicious home grown foods it makes me wonder what on earth do the supermarkets do to fruit and veg to make it taste of nothing? and why are we settling for such junk? 


happy tasting x

5 comments:

  1. Who cares what shape they are!!:) Although they do look very funny, haha

    I be they tasted like a carrot!!

    Those plums looked like I could just pick them off the plate, bite into it and have the juice running down my chine.

    But then again, I could have has prunes and custard.

    I was just trying to work out who you were going to marry. I can only remember, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor? Was there another one?
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my spelling was dreadful on that post!!

    Although I know it was the computer really!!
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, my spelling is often very wonky on the computer, especially late at night - I'm sure the keys move about!

    You've lost me on the who I was going to marry (?) the rhyme ends in Spy though (I think)! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've just made me laugh when you said that you planted two plum tees and got 9 plums, 3 of which were inedible. I can imagine your excitement at finding 9 plums, in a couple of years you'll have so many you won't know what to do with them! You'll be writing a blog post with the title '101 things to do with plums'

    Nice blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with what came out of your garden. The carrots shape Has something to do with the soil I would say - to sandy or hard would be my guess. We planted some carrots last year and they were too close to each other and they grew intertwined with each other - that was cool too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.