Wednesday 17 March 2010

made with love

When my first daughter was 6 months old I returned to work part-time.
I decided to set myself a project I could do during my lunch break. I decided upon a rather ambitious crochet cot blanket, whilst I enjoyed crocheting I wasn't (and still aren't) an expert so it was a challenge, especially as I had no pattern and thought I'd just make it up as I went along.

As time went on and I realised just how slow the process is, the little lady grew out of her cot.
I was then pregnant again and too exhausted to crochet.


Fast forward to now, the 6 month old baby is now 4 and a half. The blanket still isn't cot size and it's a bit wonky. I now have a 2 year old I'd also like to make a blanket for.

So I've hatched a plan.
Stop work on the first blanket - start on the second one and once that's at a reasonable size go back and add to the first one, then go back and add to the second one... you get the idea... this process will no doubt continue for the next 15 years or so, by then the blankets may be single bed size - or if not - ready to pass on to future grandchildren.



But I love doing them, and the girls have found it makes the perfect picnic blanket for their friends.....

happy crocheting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.